“Entrepreneurs are not born. They’re made.” -Tom Bilyeu
Within the first 3 years, Quest grew by 57,000%+ and was recognized by Inc. Magazine as the #2 fast-growing company in the United States. All of this with zero outside capital put into the business.
However, this interview is not focused just on Tom’s financial success. It’s about the growth mindset and belief systems he instilled in himself to go from flat-out broke to building a billion-dollar business.
These mental frameworks and tools are skills that Tom had to learn from scratch. He wasn’t born with it. Nor was he a born entrepreneur. Which means anyone listening to this can develop these skill-sets.
In this interview, we talk specifically about how to build a growth mindset, strategies Tom uses in his daily life to perform at his highest peak, and tools he leverages to overcome tough times.
Hope you enjoy this episode with Tom, as much as I enjoyed speaking with him.
Highlights of the Episode
- What Tom’s daily morning routine is to prepare him for the ups and downs of the day
- How Tom uses ‘Thinkitating’ (meditating and problem-solving at the same time) to get his best ideas
- Why rage and anger can be a useful tool for you in life, and how to use it effectively
- How to rewire yourself physically and mentally to become happier (research-backed)
- How to cultivate, develop, and nurture a growth mindset to live a more abundant life
- The value of having a mentor in today’s information age (in-person mentor versus. virtual)
- How Tom and his wife navigate their relationship as business partners and as a power couple
- and much more…
Key topics discussed
- Morning routines
- Social psychology
- Goal setting
- Depression and happiness
- Growth mindset
Connect with Tom
Tom’s Challenge to You
“First, get absurdely specific with your goals. Then create your most important list that will help you achieve those goals, and work towards that list diligently. If you can do that, you will be successful.”