Audible.com: Get a FREE Audiobook today and choose from
over 180,000+ books that are available for you.
Head over to https://thegrowthlist.com/books
If you’re interested in startups or an entrepreneur yourself, you’ve probably heard of Eric Ries.
After founding his company IMVU, a 3D virtual avatar community which is now doing over $55M per year, Eric noticed there’s a huge amount of inefficiency in how founder were building their businesses.
This lead to Eric writing The Lean Startup.
The Lean Startup is now an international movement, which includes conferences, workshops, and a community, with a mission to help thousands of entrepreneurs around the world build successful companies faster.
Today, Eric comes on the #SKIM Live show talk to us about the #1 mistake founders make when applying the lean principles, how to approach it instead, and Eric’s new upcoming book: The Leader’s Guide.
Ready to jump in when you are!
Highlights of the Episode:
- #1 mistake when startup founders try to apply the lean startup approach into their businesses
- Why Eric went from building multi-million dollar business to impacting millions of people
- How Eric manages his day and what his normal routine looks like
- What inspired Eric to write another book
- Why he chose to solely fund his new book on Kickstarter applying the lean startup principles
- The biggest fear that Eric has in his life
- Announcing Eric’s new startup (link below)
- The one tweet Eric would leave behind to his children and grandchildren as his legacy
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
- Eric Ries Blog: Startup Lessons Learned
- The Lean Startup Website
- The Lean Startup Book
- Eric’s New Book: The Leader’s Guide
- Eric’s New Business: Captable.io
Related Episodes You May Also Enjoy:
- From Joining the Circus to Creating The Next Web
- Jason Fried on Building Profitable Businesses By Bootstrapping
- How This College Dropout Built His Multi-Million Dollar Empires
- How to Build Your Personal Brand From Scratch with Neil Patel
Did you enjoy this episode? Join our weekly newsletter to receive tips on how you can build your business faster and weekly interviews of successful entrepreneurs we bring onto the show.