Charlamagne Tha God, also known as the “Prince of pissing people off” is in the house today.
Controversial is the likely the first thing most people think of when Charlamagne’s name comes up. But authenticity and honesty are what I believe is underneath it all.
Shortly after being released from prison for dealing, Charlamagne found his interest in radio. Fast forward to today, he’s the host of the nationally syndicated show “The Breakfast Club” and has been titled “The God of Hip-Hop Radio” by Vulture.
He has interviewed some of the biggest celebrities and leaders in the world, including Hillary Clinton, Jay-Z, Justin Bieber, Kanye West, and more.
In this episode, we talk about the importance of authenticity in your life, how to stop caring what other people think, behind the scenes of his interviewing process, favorite books, and much more.
Hope you enjoy this uncensored conversation.
If you enjoyed this conversation, you’ll enjoy listening to this:
Highlights of the Episode
- How Charlamagne went from dealing crack and facing prison time, to getting into radio
- What he did to change his mindset and steps to improve his inner social circle
- What led to Charlamagne getting fired 3x, including from Wendy Williams and his own family member
- What Charlamagne means by ‘fuck your dreams’
- The major advantage that he had by doing things that he was ‘unqualified’ to do (and how you can too)
- How to stop caring what others think and start living your truth
- Pre-interview routines and processes
- Why Charlamagne is spending less time on social media
- Favorite books that made the most impact on his life
- The Breakfast Club
- Ultimate Kiss (Book)
- The 4-Hour Body (Book)
- Hillary Clinton Interview on The Breakfast Club
- Autobiography of Malcolm X
- From Niggas to Gods
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Connect with Charlamagne
Challenge to You
“Live your truth, so nobody can use it against you.”