Have you ever wanted to become more memorable?
Whether it’s a job interview, networking event, or even a first date, it’s a skill we must have in order to be successful in life.
Most of us have been taught that social skills is a soft skill or rather an art that some people are born with.
Our guest today, Vanessa Van Edwards, has broken down “people skills” into a science-based approach to teach us how to master your social skills including body language, social psychology, and more.
Her website Science of People is a human behavior research lab, where she studies people of all backgrounds on human behavior, psychology, and relationships to answer questions like:
- What makes someone charismatic?
- Why didn’t I get the date?
- Do people like me?
- How can I win the deal?
In just 30 minutes, Vanessa blew me away with the specifics of her research and data, such as measuring the distance between someone’s shoulder and ears in order to know if they’re a leader. Due to Vanessa’s astounding and unique approach in introducing the importance of PQ (People Quotient) instead of IQ, she has been featured on CNN, Forbes, Wall Street Journal, and has given keynote speeches at MIT and several Fortune 500 companies.
Now let’s bring the lovely Vanessa Van Edwards on to the show!
- What is the first thing someone looks at when you approach them
- What is the right amount of eye contact you should have when having a one-on-one conversation with someone
- How do you know if you’re an alpha male or alpha female
- Tailoring your conversation to make anyone feel more attracted to you
- The one skill you need to use to make your conversations more exciting
- What you should ask when you first meet someone at a networking event (I put Vanessa on the spot!)
- How you can deal with uncomfortable silence (non-verbally and verbally)
- Why you shouldn’t try to impress anyone, and what you should do instead
- Alpha personality
- Eye contact
- Body language
- Similarity attraction effect
- Silence vow
Links Mentioned In The Episode
Other Episodes & Articles You Will Enjoy
Vanessa’s Question to You (& Win her $200 course!)
“What’s the most interesting, sassiest, and juiciest conversation starter you have?”
The winner with the best answer will receive Vanessa’s popular course: Body Language For Entrepreneurs (worth $200!).
Answer below and we’ll pick the winner.
*The winner for this challenge has already been awarded.